Thursday, April 15, 2010

Says Who?

Yesterday afternoon I was cleaning out the linen closet, putting away groceries, dusting, etc. It was time to think about getting dinner going and I thought I'll try to get the laundry folded and then maybe I can rest for a minute. I looked out the laundry room window and saw this....

Who says we are smarter than the four-legged creatures? This vagrant cat just passing through has the right idea. This is what he was enjoying from his vantage point while I was slaving away in the house!

I feel some changes coming in my life. We have had this chaise lounge for about 3 years and I don't think I've ever just gone out there and enjoyed a moment midday while passing through a busy day. I have always thought of our outdoor furniture as visual cues to chill out...that largely go unheeded. But today I will go out and take a break and enjoy something new. I hope you can do the same. Rushing through living to try to keep up with a busy schedule is kind of a shame really.


Since this cat inspired me this week I have decided to link into The Inspired Room today as Melissa is calling for posts about what inspires us. Why don't you link up too? What inspired you this week?

6 comments:

Nicki Dunn said...

We do tend to rush through our days without really stopping to enjoy them. This morning Nicki and I took a leisure walk, not for exercise or because we had to, but just because it was a beautiful morning and we wanted to. It was great. Lovely, peaceful pictures!

Bonnie said...

Caroline, I am so happy that you and Nicki are having this great time together. What city is she living in these days? Enjoy every minute. So nice of you to stop by with all the fun you are having. I hope your mom is doing OK. I think of you all very often.

Hugs, B

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Amen Bonnie,
You are right on girl!!
Love this post, and what a smart kitty, maybe you could teach her to fold laundry and watch you out the window. Think I might try it on my
kitty too!! lol
Love ya girl,
Nellie

margaret said...

You'll never go wrong taking lifestyle advice from a cat :)

sistersusiesays said...

Wouldn't it be nice to only have to do as cats do. (Eat, wash, lounge, sleep. Isn't that what retirement is suppose to be, ha!) My cat likes to sit on my back porch watching the other ocassional ferrel cats in the back alley road. If it wasn't for the closure, she would probably be defending "her" territory.
Enjoy!!
Susie

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha! I love the above poster..."you'll never go wrong taking lifestyle advice from a cat"...True dat!

Serene looking spot to sit and just be.