Monday, April 26, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 26, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Monday, April 26, 2010

Outside my window...It is 6:30 am and I am enjoying the early dawn of a new day, and new week. Morning are so beautiful and so full of hope for a new day. I feel that today!

I am thinking...I just tried on a new pair of jeans and they are so long! Hello, I am 5'8" and I have never had to shorten a pair of pants in my life...but this may be the first. Why are they making pants so long these days?

I am thankful for...music in my life. It is just so elevating and enjoyable.

From the learning room...As long as you haven't given up on something or someone you haven't failed. You just keep on keeping on and eventually what you hope for will be yours. The keys seems to be endurance and a lot of faith.

I am reading...Book 2 by Bodie Theone, "Prague Counterpoint." Wow, this series is fantastic!

From the kitchen...definitely time to restock the pantry and frig but I may not be able to until tomorrow. I love starting it with a great trip to the Farmer's Market and that happens tomorrow in our town.

I am wondering...how wonderful it will be when there are no more lunches to pack at 4:30 am.

I am wearing...I hope you are sitting down...I am actually dressed! Jeans and a bedazzled brown and pink tee. Socks and crocs...comfy stuff.

I am hearing...The Carpenters~Breaking All The Rules.

I am going...
to recommit to having only the most healthy foods in the house. Removing the temptations really is a good trick!

Today if I could change one thing..not having to actually think about the one above. I want it to just be second nature.

I am quoting..."The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise." ~Alden Nowlan. I found this on my friend, Marie's blog and loved it! So I am quoting Marie quoting Alden Nowlan.

My spiritual thoughts include...the realization that goodness produces light...it comes from Christ who is the Light. Darkness comes from evil but it cannot over power The Light. No matter what if we stay within His Light we will be safe. Our choices control the light/dimmer switch in our lives.

Around the house...I am enjoying the post construction era so much. Loving the cottage more each day. It is fun to feel that feeling renewed after living in the same place for over 30 years. I am also enjoying that my spring cleaning is almost done! We're decluttered and clean and ready for the longer warmer days of spring and summer.

I am missing...One on one visits with our kids.

I am hoping....To get some travel plans squared away today.

I have been procrastinating...Going to DMV to find out why some car tags we have paid for have not arrived. They don't believe in answering phones there! That is one place that is so uninviting, don't you agree? I don't know anyone who says, "Yippee, I get to go to DMV today!"

One of my guilty pleasures...Reading blogs. Honestly I could do it all day long. Discipline...it required discipline. I don't even read magazines anymore, blogs are so much more wholesome and informative and bring to light the joy that people are feeling instead of working on all the same old things you see on every magazine cover. Blogs are about being happy with what you have instead of always trying to be something you're not. I love the positive spin that the blogs I read put on life. And I find them entertaining as well. Read this if you want a good laugh. This was written by our friend and home teacher, Travis.

One of my favorite things...shoes that do not hurt my feet. I wish I could find more variety!

A few plans for the rest of the week...2 meeting today (one fun one!), Farmer Market tomorrow and food prep, getting ready to plant some flowers so I need to get my pots all emptied and cleaned up. Love that, (the planting not the cleaning up!) Thursday night going to a provident living class on emergency preparedness at church, Friday night date night. We will be watching the 4th disc from a BBC Masterpiece Theatre series of Little Dorrit, by Dickens. Very intriguing and interesting. We love BBC! And we will be having popcorn for dinner as we always do on Friday night! Gees, maybe I'll throw in a few protein grams and some veggies to keep things in line with my new resolve. Sometime I'll show you Jim's popcorn bowl and you'll know why he like to call it dinner.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you~

This is our sweet Piperpoozala
I have no idea why I call her this but that is who she is!

This is the third time I have seen a photo of one of our grandkids and realized they have truly changed. Here is our oldest, Piper, and she has definitely passed into that no more little girl phase and is now a young woman. I ask you though, is this really fair at eleven? How is it they grow up so fast? She is on a Mommy/Daughter date with Jen and they are at a Fashion Expo and also went out for a nice dinner. Oh, we do love this pretty girl! She is a very precious, huggable one and good to the core!

5 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

I loved reading your blog this morning. I really should be getting ready for an eye appointment, but this is so much more fun. I hopped over to Travis's blog. Funny story. We are experiencing a rare and sunny morning here in Logan so my heart is soaring! Thanks for the comments on my blog. You are a dear!!!

Julie Harward said...

I enjoyed your thoughts...I feel the same way about blogging and all these magazines that promise you (2 free years) and then don't..are going to go out of business! LOL

Bonnie said...

A note to my readers. I apologize for the bad editing on my posts sometimes. I am usually making corrections for a couple of days after I post something.

I don't know why I can't just type it right the first time! I like to go back a few hours later and see if what I wrote in such a big hurry makes any sense. Anyway, thanks for plowing through the first few hours after I have posted something. Eventually I do get them right!

sistersusiesays said...

"Posts notes" I do the same with spelling. It's more finger problems than brain, ha! My problem is, it's not where I can correct (writing on other blogs, yikes!)
"Outside my window" - I'm enjoying watching my cat on the back porch.
"I am thinking" - about the 3 pairs of shoes I bought so my kids can have a box for their activities.
"Thankful for" - Music, yes! Nothing like listening to the upbeat of the bass on a surround sound system of Southern Gospel Quartet singing.
"Learning Room" - Faith is definately a life long endurance.
"I am reading" - Dr. David Jeremiah's "Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven."
"From the Kitchen" - I just finished eating a non fat stirfry of fresh squash, onion, shaved off corn on the cob, peas, pole beans, and grilled chicken.
"I am wondering" - It depends if your brain can override your "built in" alarm clock.
"I am wearing" - Since I live by myself, I won't say, lol!
"I am hearing" - The tv local news.
"I am going" - to the kitchen to get some cheese cake :)
"If I could change one thing" - it would be to change going to work one hour later.
"I am quoting" - (My mom) "NOT another word!! :(
"Spiritual thoughts include" - Becoming less so that Christ can become more.
"Around the House" - I have "dog proofed" things. My 3 year old pit/chow mix is having separation anxiety! She has been good the last 3 days!
"I am missing" - My favorite earring. I have had the pair for 25 years.
"I am hoping" - to soon finish up all the access testing we have to do this year at school.
"Procrastinating" - to get my house in order for the ac man and "bug" man to come and do their yearly check.
"Guilty Pleasure" - cheese cake!
"Favorite thing" - see above :)
"Plans for the week" - Gracie's grooming, Dolly's vet appt, Sarah's yrly vet check, internet search to locate "regions" of the world for my shoe box activities!
Wow! Have you made me think! ...and this was "off the cuff!" Lol!
Blessings to you and yours!
Susie

Marie Rayner said...

Loved this Bonnie. I had no idea you were so tall!! I am a real shortie, only 5'1" and shrinking by the day I think!! Loved the picture of Piper too. I am feeling a bit blue today. I had an upsetting and irate e-mail from a blog reader last night. It seems when I was off line she had sent me an e-mail and I had accidentally overlooked it when I came back online. I feel so bad about that. I did e-mail her back and apologize, but no reply. It really bothers me when I accidentally hurt someone's feelings. How do you handle it? Has it ever happened to you? xxoo