Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 20, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outside my window...It is dark and rainy today with more rain coming tomorrow. I was planning a nice walk in the park this morning at the Farmer's Market and hoping it will clear up for a part of the day at least.

I am thinking...about my friend, Shaun and wondering if she and her entire family will have to change their plans to fly to France this week? Who would have ever thought a volcano eruption in Iceland could affect so many people and their plans. Talk about calamities in diverse places.

I am thankful for...feeling so happy about so many things these days. So many things to look forward to and so many things done like closing down the staging aspect of our business. It always feels so good to get something like that done!

From the learning room...The story of the tortoise and the hare is a true one. Little by little things can and do get done. Patience is a virtue and is essential to accomplishing lofty goals.

I am reading...Book 2 by Bodie Theone, "Prague Counterpoint." I am absolutely amazed by what I am learning about Hitler's plan to take over the world. I am shocked with his success in invading and taking control of Vienna without a single shot being fired or drop of blood spilled, just by his acts of terrorism and intimidation alone. He basically said.."move over here we come" and out of fear they just did it! I am forewarned by the Austrian people's thoughts that it just couldn't happen there. I am thinking about the scripture that says..he that hath ears to hear let him hear.

From the kitchen...Jim may actually be getting tired of his beloved soup. Say what??? I have been cooking different things and quite enjoying it. I am not sure what we will have for dinner tonight just yet.

I am wondering...how Jen's birthday was yesterday? I tried to call her several times but no answer. I am glad I got to wish her a happy one via the blog and also night before last on the phone. I really miss being with the kids on their birthdays!

I am wearing...PJs.

I am hearing...Pennies From Heaven. My blogging friend, Spencer, has a great blog with the most incredible old music on it. I use to listen to her blog all the time when I wasn't on my own blog . She and I figured out how I could listen and blog so that is what I do now by opening a second browser and it works perfectly. Her choices just make me happy. Love it. Check out her blog at http://bellamerecottage.blogspot.com.

I am going...
to clean out my file drawers today and do some shredding and make some extra space around here. Paper management is a full time job isn't it?

Today if I could change one thing..it would be that time would slow down just a little.

I am quoting..."I have learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks." Andy Rooney. Don't you just love how some people say things that are true in such precise and concise ways? I am a quote lover.

My spiritual thoughts include...reflections on the talks from our church's General Conference on Easter and how so many of the speakers were inspired to speak of the parents' responsibilities to train up their children in the way they should go by following Christ. Not only will it protect their children but it will help them succeed in all they do. What a fantastic formula for living.

Around the house...I am working on getting rid of everything I do not find useful or beautiful. Very liberating and enjoyable to do.

I am missing...an opportunity to see James Taylor because I cannot justify spending over $200.00 for two tickets. I'll just watch the DVD we have of one of his awesome concerts. Concert prices are ridiculous!

I am hoping....my dental appointment tomorrow will go quickly. Our dental office is good but they all like to chat and everything takes forever!

I have been procrastinating...cleaning out the top drawer of my dresser for far too long. Maybe today?

One of my guilty pleasures...11:00 AM church schedule so Jim and I can lounge around a little on Sunday mornings. Pure heaven!

One of my favorite things...changing up the look of the house with birds and nests and fun spring and summery things right now and doing just the opposite in the fall.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Visiting Teaching tonight, dentist in the morning, dinner out with another couple tomorrow night, Temple trip on Thursday night, movie and popcorn with Jim on Friday night, hopefully wash windows on Saturday if the weather is good.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you~

Hazel...My Inspiration!

Life may present some challenges but if you can just put on some red polka dot shoes it will look and feel a little more manageable. When I see our little Hazel happy... I have to ask myself...do I have anything to complain about? Nope, not really! Except maybe that I cannot find any red polka dot shoes in my size. But I let hers inspire me to just "Do It!"









3 comments:

margaret said...

The thing that amazes me so much about Hitler is that it happened in almost modern times. Vicious rulers way back in history are one thing but when Hitler invaded Poland my grandmother was my age (46) and that somehow makes it more horrific. It was a world with newspapers, cinema, telephones, telegraphs, radio, etc, and yet he could plan to take over the world, send Jews and Romanies, the disabled, the mentally handicapped, homosexuals and anyone else he found sub-standard to gas chambers. He swore not one man, woman or child of Polish extraction would be left living. So, yes, as you say, no-one - no person, no nation - can ever afford to be complacent. People say it could never happens nowadays but the world it happened in wasn’t so different from our own, it wasn’t the dark ages.

Hazel looks as if she’s really getting the hang of her wheels. She has such a jolly, yet sensible, wee face. I predict she is going to grow up to be even more of a joy than she is.

mandy* said...

Can Hazel be any cuter? I don't think so...she's adorable!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

hello my facebook friend.. that's handful of job you got there.. good thing you're in a happy mood.. nice seeing you my friend.. God bless..