Monday, April 5, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 5, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, April 5, 2010

Outside my window...It is very dark but it doesn't sound like it is raining. Yay! The forecast says rain today and then 9 days of sun. I hope so! Six months of mostly rain is starting to be annoying. However, the upside is everything is as green as Ireland around here and very beautiful.

I am thinking...how nice it is that Jim said I should just sleep in this morning and how sad it is that I am wide awake.

I am thankful for...Cold-Eze. I started to get a cold but I took it diligently yesterday and now I feel so much better. That stuff is a miracle cure for me when it comes to colds.

From the learning room...I am working on better balance and getting things done in a timely manner.

I am reading...Book 2 by Bodie Theone, "Prague Counterpoint."

From the kitchen...it is time to restock the pantry and frig and start again.

I am wondering..if all the kids enjoyed their Easter celebrations yesterday and am so thankful that Jen and Chris and families shared dinner and fun together with their mutual friends, Kim and David and kids. Hmmm, eleven kids eleven and under~ under the same roof and it was snowing outside so they had to stay in. Trust me it was a noisy afternoon! I know Laura and Robert had a house full too. We had a great time at Steve and Emily's!

I am wearing...jammies and a fleece zipper jacket.

I am hearing...Jim outside getting things ready for me to take to the recycling place today. He is organizing all our touch up paint into mason jars for easier access. I am going to love having him home more in the near future.

I am going..to have to figure out when the best time is for me to write when he retires. I find it hard when he is here working. I didn't write much this past week and I could really tell the difference in how I felt all week. Retirement will definitely be a dance until we get use to it.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be skipping my mammogram tomorrow.

I am quoting..."We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box."



My spiritual thoughts include...memories of the unifying quality of our church's semi-annual world wide conference that we watched via satellite over the weekend. It was inspiring and edifying. having it on Easter weekend made it all the more special.

Around the house...I need to clean out our butler's pantry and my china cabinets. I want to take out the dishes I never use and make more space. I have been moving some art work around, bringing in some new things from the warehouse and trying to make it feel more like Spring around here.

I am missing...Europe. We watched a Rick Steves' video on Christmas in Europe the other night and it was so amazing. It is like another world over there, don't you think?

I am hoping...everything will go well with those facing medical issues that we know, love and are praying for right now.

I have been procrastinating...getting our property tax check in the mail. Today is the day it must go in. I am not so much procrastinating as I just keep forgetting. Not good!

One of my guilty pleasures...bedazzling the ordinary to make it extraordinary.

One of my favorite things...giving gifts.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Mammo (ugh), organizing home and warehouse, Thursday all day date with Jim to the City and Marin County, writing regularly, walking, scripture study, etc.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you


I love this photo because of what the faces of our little granddaughters are saying to me in it. Chloe's is saying..."I am thrilled to finally have my little sister come outside and play with me!"
Hazie's is saying..."Would you just look at me...I am not a baby anymore and can get around just fine in my new, sparkly purple wheelchair!"
Life is good.

3 comments:

LA Adams said...

It also shows spring outside and Hazie healthy!

Caroline Craven said...

Oh Bonnie, I love the picture of the girls. Their faces are just beautiful and FUN! I loved the one session of conference I was able to watch. We were traveling home from a little St. George get-away on Sat and couldn't get good reception and then I fell asleep off and on while watching the last session on Sunday. Good thing they are recorded so I can watch and catch up on them during the week. Your crayon analogy reminded me of Pres. Uchdorf's (I know I slaughtered the spelling of his name) talk. Very good. Best of luck with that mammo tomorrow.

mandy* said...

The crayon quote is great! Also, I love watching Rick Steves' video on PBS. They've been on a lot lately. Watching them makes me want to travel.