Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 12, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Monday, April 12, 2010

Outside my window...it is dark and raining again. Honestly, we have been deluged with it. I am speechless...It is hopefully going to be spring again tomorrow.

I am thinking...that I wish Jim had not had to return to work again today. He is getting trunky...me too. The last little climb before retiring is hard. I feel the same way about the warehouse being almost empty. It just takes all your energy to get to the end of a long road. What keeps you going is the promise of great times ahead and memories of a job well done and no regrets.

I am thankful for...so many plans already in motion including a leisurely trip back east to see the beautiful fall colors in late September/October and to visit Laura and Robert and the boys who will be living in Rhode Island by then. Our plans for this trip were in the works before they got their new orders to leave Italy in July and come home to American soil once again. What a blessing!

From the learning room...even when things feel almost perfect there will be something to keep you concerned, and on your toes and stretching and growing.

I am reading...Book 2 by Bodie Theone, "Prague Counterpoint."

From the kitchen...I need to go shopping tomorrow and get stocked up for the week. We are having the missionaries over for dinner on Thursday and a Chili Cook Off at church on Saturday night. Of course Jim wants us to bring chili! Part of our date on Friday night will include making it!

I am wondering...if our property tax check got lost in the mail as I mailed it last Monday and they usually have it cashed within two days of mailing but not this time...! I am hoping it is just not posted because it was the last week to mail it in! I am glad the income taxes are done! No rushing on that at the last minute for us.

I am wearing...warm black jammies...no socks and I need them.

I am hearing...50 Ways to Leave Your Lover..Paul Simon.

I am going...treat our furniture with a nice application of lemon oil today.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be alleviating the senseless, avoidable suffering that is caused by selfish people.

I am quoting..."The shortest distance between friends is laughter." Author unknown


My spiritual thoughts include...a thought taught to us at a leadership training meeting on Saturday afternoon by Silvia Allred, a counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency. She said that we are sanctified or made more holy by our righteous actions (not just generous thoughts) on behalf of others. She also taught that the accent in the name Relief Society is on the Relief. We can bring relief from all burdensome things to others through following Christ as our exemplar. When we do that first the sociality comes naturally as we work together to help others.

Around the house...things are good.

I am missing...my friend, Marie, at Oak Cottage who has been moving for a few weeks from one place in England to another so has not been blogging. I feel the void. Her blog makes me happy!

I am hoping...and praying that my friend, Becky, is recovering quickly from a bad fall last week. Praying for her...as always but a little bit more this week.

I have been procrastinating...budget/paperwork.

One of my guilty pleasures...aroma therapy liquid hand soap from Bath and Body Works. But my all time favorite is the organic soap made by Caroline at Itty Bitty Soap Company. See her ad and link at the bottom of this page.

One of my favorite things...washing my hair every day. I just cannot stand it if I do not do it!

A few plans for the rest of the week...talk with all our kids, help a friend with decorations plans for her wedding reception in August. Being completely out of the warehouse by Saturday sundown, cooking, changing the sheets today and other household chores, getting back into the routine.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you~


One of my favorite photos that I took of Chloe when I was visiting last month. I still cannot get over the gift of adoption and the joys this little precious girl has brought into our family. She's spunky and beautiful and so much of a little love bug. I miss her this morning. Being her Gramma is one of my greatest joys!

1 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bon bon,
I can imagine that going into retirement is much like Senioritis, when you are a few months away from graduation, you feel like you can hardly stand to be there you just want to get on with it!! lol
Do yall feel a bit like that??? lol
You do have such fun things to look forward to, that is so great the Laura and family will be back in the states. O the Joy of it!!
Maybe you will get that family pic soon!! Soon as they can visit Jenn and Chris in Utah yall can make a mad dash for Utah and have that family photo shoot!! lol
Nothing like your friends making plans for you, huh!! lol
Have a Wonderful week, wonderful lady. I feel the same way when you aren't blogging or visiting, as you feel about the lady who hasn't been blogging!!
Blessings Galore on you,
Nellie