Monday, August 10, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~August 10, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, July August 10, 2009

Outside my window...it is clearly daylight as I am getting a later than usual start this morning.The birds are singing in full chorus and a little plane is flying overhead already. Jim told me it is supposed to be 104 here today so I am letting all the cool night air in now and will close up the house soon to keep it as cool as possible.

I am thinking...that the summer has flown by and it has not been as kick back and carefree as I always think it will be. Are the lazy,crazy days of summer a myth? If so, I like it as it always makes me look forward to it in spite of the realities.

From the learning room...I am learning that there is always learning going on in our lives and that we should never stop looking for ways to become a better, more refined and educated person. I love how when I learn about something new it is suddenly all around me and I wonder why I never noticed it before. Just like believing is seeing...learning is also seeing.

From the kitchen...we will be eating a lot of leftovers this week. After working at the church conference for young adults this past weekend we came home with lots of Mexican food that was extra.

I am wondering...what tasks I will do today after my group of friends leaves around 9:30. I usually have a plan but this weekend was so busy I have barely had time to think minute to minute.

I am wearing...a blue nightgown. Time to rush and get dressed before my friends arrive.

I am reading...The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox and a few other books.... still.

I am creating...nothing at the moment. Just blog posts, I guess. I did three yesterday!

I am praying for...the Lord to touch the life of someone very important to me that seems to be having a spiritual awaking of late.

I am hearing....Kenny Rogers version of My Funny Valentine. I like it. One of my favorite songs. Our neighbor's new puppy is barking and a car is driving by.

I am going...to get my 5,000 iPhotos organized!

I am quoting... C.S. Lewis, " I believe in Christ as I believe in the rising sun--not because I can see it, but because by it I can see everything else."

My spiritual thoughts include...total gratitude for all of my blessings.

Around the house...I am getting everything done early so I can lounge around when it gets blistering hot this afternoon! We are getting our window delivery this Thursday! Yay! Cannot wait until they are all installed so we can have the double panes and can get the house painted. The new windows that we do have in already have kept the house a lot cooler this summer.

Today I miss..the energy of my youth.

I am hoping...you all have a great day!

I have been procrastinating...
letters I need to write still are waiting. I am terrible about this!

One of my favorite things...the desk fan I use in the summer. I love to have the breeze when it is warm.

A few plans for the rest of the week..three of my sweet friends are having birthdays this week. I am taking two of them to breakfast and I wish I could take the other one who lives in Kent, England. We have a wedding to attend on Saturday and I think we are having a BBQ here for a few couples from our old ward on Sunday afternoon. There is always something to keep me busy in the errand and work departments!

Here are 2 pictures and a thought I am sharing with you...

This is our daughter's husband, Robert receiving his promotion to Lt. Commander in the US Navy. We are so proud of him and his many accomplishments in his life. He is so honorable and pure in heart, we love our son, Robert so much.

I love the picture below because it is so indicative of how
behind many successful men is a loving and fully supportive
family cheering them on and on and on!

You can read about this important day for
us if you are so inclined
here!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pictures! Congratulations to your son-in-law! Beautiful family!

BECKY said...

Dear Bon' What a joy it is to read your daybook. I love to hear all about what is going on. Gotta love those leftovers, huh? As the economy tightens we are paying way closer attention to how to save on food. Being sure to eat leftovers is one of those ways. When I sopped this past week, I noticed items that had gone up a full $.40 each!! I couldn't believe it! Talk about inflation!!

I also love the respect and honor you show your SIL. That just speaks volumes to me about you, my friend! He has definitely accomplished a lot to get to that level, and if your daughter is anything like you, I know he has had a lot of love and support!!

Hope you have a great week!
Love and hugs,
Becky

laura.elizabeth said...

I love your daybook too. I know you have been doing it for ages but where do you get the questions? They are not the same every time- are they? Anyway, I love it and would like to do something like it on my blog!

Love you!

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful day book Bon, and great thoughts. I wanted to say thankyou for all your lovely comments that you leave for me. You always make my day and I really appreciate them and you so very much! xxoo

Connie said...

I love it that you keep us up on your thoughts and feelings and activities....they are always inspirational to me! I love you so very much, my sweet friend!!!