Monday, August 24, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~August 24, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, August 24, 2009

Outside my window...still very much night time...the days are getting shorter and autumn is in the air. The weekend was very mild with gentle, cooler breezes. I haven't checked the temperature forecast but am betting it will be another mild, sunny day. Right now I can still see stars through the trees...maybe I'll make a wish. Haven't done that since I was a girl.

I am thinking...we need rain this year so badly. Things are looking a little down trodden and not as green without it.

From the learning room...I read a quote this morning I really liked. Speaking of morning as being the time of day when we are 25 times more susceptible to our thoughts, Janice Taylor the founder of The Kick in the Tush Weight Loss Program said we should think happy thoughts first thing each day. She suggested, "Today is an amazing day filled with opportunities and joy." I like that. Our thoughts always precede our actions.

From the kitchen...I definitely need to make a menu plan for the week. Dinner guests are coming tomorrow night. They are the missionaries from our church and I am trying to remember what I fed them last month. Should be keeping a record of that is the thought that comes to my mind.

I am wondering...if anyone is actually still following me on Twitter? I opened an account and haven't done much with it. If you are a follower..sorry about that. I just can't get interested in that social network. I have all to do to keep up with my blog.

I am wearing..nightgown, I know boring, huh?

I am reading...your blog posts and enjoying them very much! They include a wealth of knowledge and information, thoughtful contributions, and fun. They are very enriching to my life.

I am creating...some tentative trip plans with input from James and Laura and Robert. We want to go up to Milan this time and see The Last Super. Did you know the bigger than life size painting is kept in a temperature controlled vault and only 25 people can view it at one time? Hope the lines aren't forever long! Hoping we can reserve a time to visit like they have in many of the other Italian museums.

I am praying for...More success in my struggles.

I am hearing....Norah Jones singing Nightingale.

I am going...to be buying our new Canon Powershot SD780 IS ELPH this week. We have been researching it all and decided on this camera,. It is compact and rated very high by Consumer Reports, so Jim is satisfied with the selection.

I am quoting...Winston Churchill, "Success is going from failure to failure with enthusiasm." In other words...Never Give Up!

My spiritual thoughts include...wondering how people that are not grounded in the Gospel of Jesus Christ find answers to their questions or find peace, inspiration or solace in any of their difficulties? Call me crazy, but how does that work really and truly?

Around the house...All windows are in except for 2 and one door. So that is being finished in the next 2 days and I can get things back together. It is like moving without going anywhere. Such fun! Not really, but I do love the results. I am setting Wednesday aside for cleaning all day! I have been cleaning as we go but it is still feeling like there is some fine sawdust lurking around. The next thing on the agenda is painting the exterior. Maybe next week or so?? I just have schedule it with the painter.

Today I miss...the summer tomatoes and am hoping to find one more big bag of good ones from the Farmer' Market tomorrow.

I am hoping...I get my rather hefty "to do " list done today.

I have been procrastinating...
paper work...ugh!

One of my favorite things...feeling like I am on top of the goals I set for each day and working on the long term ones as well. Those moments seem fleeting but they are as reinforcing as hitting a jackpot in Las Vegas!

A few plans for the rest of the week..working in our warehouse to get the inventory we picked up on Saturday organized and put away so we can de-stage another house next weekend. A wedding and reception coming up this week, cooking and cleaning, and writing a special blog post for our little Julia's 9th birthday on Friday. Mailing her card and birthday bucks today and getting a package of things off to Italy for Laura's family. And oh yeah, getting the new camera. It is going to be a busy week of running around and working hard.

Here is are 2 pictures and a thought I am sharing with you...


It is coming! I am ready!


Our Granddaughter, Aynslee
One Cute Kid!

2 comments:

Shaun at Oak Den said...

AAAAArghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! It IS coming and I'm not ready! I still want summer to stay a little longer!!

But that is a beautiful picture of your granddaughter.

*sigh* I guess I'd better get busy gathering my acorns...

Marie Rayner said...

Love the Winston Churchill quote Bonnie! His house is not too far from us and we visit it often. It's very beautiful there. I can smell autumn in the air as well. I love autumn. It's my favourite season. xxoo