Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~August 17, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, August 17, 2009

Outside my window...it is still pitch black out and I can see the crescent moon outside my window. It will be another warm summer day.

I am thinking...I feel tired and I really shouldn't.

From the learning room...mind over matter is so important...we just have to keep on working at things and relying on the Lord for the strength to move forward.

From the kitchen...it is time to go grocery shopping again and tonight we are having taco salad for dinner.

I am wondering...what the future will bring.

I am wearing...my nightgown but I wish I was already dressed as I have a lot to do today.

I am reading...The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox and a few other books.... still.

I am creating...my grocery list and my weekly calendar of events and things I need to accomplish.

I am praying for...all of us and the things we need to do and change to please our Heavenly Father and bring Him joy.

I am hearing....the Bart train passing in the distance and Your Song by Elton John.

I am going...to Winco this morning.

I am quoting...my husband..."We need to do more for our neighbors!"

My spiritual thoughts include...joy in knowing our Heavenly Father loves us one by one.

Around the house...The second phases of window installation is beginning this morning. I think it will take about 2 weeks to get it all done.

Today I miss...my mom.

I am hoping...Jim's Lyme's Disease test he is taking today come out negative. While riding his bike he got bitten by something. It look mildly suspicious so he is stopping in after work to get it checked!

I have been procrastinating...
getting our carpeting cleaned in the family room. It is past time!!

One of my favorite things...hope in Jesus Christ and His promises to us.

A few plans for the rest of the week..cleaning the house, washing the car, Networking meeting for my Designers group, lunch with my sister-in-law on Friday.

Here are 4 pictures and a thought I am sharing with you...

Our neighbors' daughter got married this weekend. It was fun to just have to walk across the street to witness the wedding and enjoy a wonderful reception.

Ben and Laura's First Dance

She walked down this trail in another neighbor's
backyard that adjoins theirs~
What a beautiful setting!

We walked across a little bridge and ended here in
Laura's parents backyard for the reception.
The weather was perfect on Saturday not too hot.

Daddy Daughter Dance

We wish Ben & Laura well in their New Beginnings!

1 comments:

BECKY said...

This wedding sounds and looks simply lovely!! Young love is so much fun!!


I wonder, too what the future holds, but am kinda glad we don't know. We do however know Who holds the future, and that is the better by far!!

May your week be full of God's very best!!
Love and hugs,
Becky