Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkins With Possibilities~Updated

This flickr photo just made me feel so happy
~Pumpkins can be Beautiful!~

Pumpkins are so much fun and versatile.
Here are a few of the things I think are great about them...


Topping my list is decorating with them!
Look what Cindy did and check out her others by clicking here.
This one is my favorite~Be Still my beating


My favorite pumpkin in my collection
so far,
this year it is in our kitchen.

Dining Room Centerpiece



Halloween Night Dinner

One pumpkin hallowed out and cleaned, remove seeds, string etc.
One cup instant rice plus needed water
1 lb hamburger, garlic, bell pepper, onions, salt and pepper to taste
(this is kind of a do your own thing mixture depending on what your kids like.)
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup plus a little H2O
Add veggies if desired

Poke hole in lid of pumpkin. Grease outside of pumpkin and place in a roasting pan. Cover stem with foil. Fill pumpkin and bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours until pumpkin scoops out easily like potatoes. Good for the little goblins before they go out Trick or Treating on a cold dark night.

Gramma Jo's Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 Teasoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin non-spiced OK
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and blend well. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Either 2- 7 inch pans or 3 or 4 mini loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Adjust baking time according to size of pans.) Cool 5 minutes in pans and then remove to a cooling rack. Recipe can be doubled or tripled and freezes nicely wrapped in foil.

Follow your favorite recipe ( I go to Costco!)

And my all time personal favorite
~get away coach with a handsome prince!


flickr*

7 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Okay, that update makes me want to go out and fill our flower boxes with newspaper (to fill up most of the boxes) and do a pumpkin theme in them. Way cute. Keep these cute seasonal ideas coming. I love them.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

mmmmmmmm.....that looks so yummy!! I love Autumn!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Shaun at Oak Den said...

PS: Doug and I watched Grey Gardens last night upon your recommendation. SOOOO fascinating! The original documentary was filmed just a couple of years before I was on Long Island (Lloyd Harbor) as a nanny. Pretty crazy stuff.

Marie Rayner said...

Love this pumpkin post Bonnie! When I was a little girl I thought you could really turn pumpkins into princess coaches. They've always been kind of magical to me! xxoo

LA Adams said...

very nice!!

Ashley and Drue said...

Hi Sister Mattson! I tried your pumpkin bread recipe tonight and it was GREAT! I added chocolate chips- because that's my favorite kind of pumpkin bread- and it went over very well! yum! Thanks for sharing!

BECKY said...

I passed a pumpkin patch this evening and just thought..."Pumpkins are so much fun! They make me smile!" Love the ones you've shared!! And that centerpiece!! Simply lovely!!

We had a wonderful weekend away, Bon! We went to south Alabama where we got married and just reminisced!! I'll blog about it in a day or so!! Such fun!

Love n hugs to you sweetie! Hope your weekend was GRAND!!
Becky