Monday, October 5, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 5, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, October 5, 2009

Outside my window...it is as dark as the middle of the night and pretty cold. I am thrilled to notice that our investment in our new windows not only kept the house cooler in the summer but is keeping it warmer now as well. I am tempted to put the fans away but will wait a little longer to make sure Summer is really over.

I am thinking...that just when it looks like my husband will get a break from his horrendous work schedule he takes on something new again. Now it is time to direct the region in collecting food for the Scouting for Food program. He must be going on 20 years of doing this. This man is definitely not going to be one that rusts out but he may wear out before his time.

From the learning room...Patience, it is all about patience with projects...the never ending home improvement projects around here this year.

I am reading...The Lost Symbol and The Time of My Life.

From the kitchen...I made a big crockpot full of Chili yesterday and in the next couple of days a big pot of vegetable soup, most going in the freezer for those days when cooking does not appeal.

I am wondering...how I lost 3.3 pounds this week? God is merciful!

I am wearing...jammies.

I am creating...a bowl of copper mini pumpkins. Well at least I do have the paint and the pumpkins. Now I just need to paint them.

I am hearing....the soundtrack from Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day.

I am going...to shop for groceries today, clean out the frig, and get organized for the new week.

I am quoting..."The world is a looking glass and gives back to each person a reflection of his attitude." .....unknown author

My spiritual thoughts include..how we need to be very valiant in our testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Around the house...Everything that was outside and around the house is now sitting on the patio looking somewhat dull by comparison to our shining white house with its brand new paint. I have a feeling that some spray painting will be happening soon.

Today I miss...Hazie. She said Gramma to me on the phone yesterday. That is always a heart melter. She has been signing Gramma for quite awhile but to hear their little voice recognize you for the first time...it is a heart print for sure.

I am hoping...to lose 15 more pounds before climbing the hills in Italy.

I have been procrastinating..Cleaning the bathroom floor...today is the day! Ugh!

One of my favorite things...Windows!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Keeping my hubby going with four evening meetings this week, making sure he has all he needs to do it. Whittling down my big pile of books I am reading, taking my friend's mom thrifting, doing some photography, blogging, and going to a craft day and luncheon with my friends at church on Saturday. Doing some genealogy and writing some letters to some older friends that haven't ventured into computers. I'll also be checking in on my elderly uncles that are still living to see how they are doing and working on my new church calling. Oh and getting some new mums for the front porch and making it look a little more like autumn out there. And housework, there is always that! We have some very busy cobweb makers coming out of the woodwork! I think I sweep the ceiling as much as the floor!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

click click it

Jennifer entitled this one "Dino Meal!" Chloe is fearless but look at little Hazie...she is not too sure about this at all! She is definitely checking out those teeth! What a fun place for kids and photo ops!

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

That pic of Hazel is funny. Those girls are cute.

BECKY said...

Hi Bon! Adorable pic! Those two are something else!!

I am with ya on the weight loss thing, the patience, the fridge and the grocery shopping!! Real busy day today!!

I don't use Blogger to compose my posts any more. I changed to the stretch minima template and downloaded the Windows Live Writer Program which makes posting so quick and easy, and you can make your photos any size you want! I absolutely love it! If you decide to try it just let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to help. It is so much simpler than blogger. I haven't had the first problem with it.

Blessings and hugs to you sweetie!
Oh yeah, and of course I'm with you on sharing the Gospel of Christ!! Amen sista!!
Becky