Monday, October 19, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 20, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Outside my window...the sun is coming up in Utah, the sky is overcast and cloudy. Lowell, Piper and Julia are getting ready to leave for work and school. It has been pretty warm here and we are hoping for a cooler day.

I am thinking...I am sad to be leaving today and happy at the same time to go home and see Jim. If only I could be in two places at once!

From the learning room...I am learning that life can be difficult but a new dawn and new hope always comes after the trial, thanks to a loving and gracious Father in Heaven.

I am reading...Leadership and Self-Deception. Interesting!

From the kitchen...I have been spoiled with Jen and Missy cooking for me every day I have been here. It has been a pleasure to do the dishes and have them cook!

I am wondering...if the plane will be jammed packed full this afternoon.

I am wearing...My tangerine jammie bottoms with a white t- shirt and my crocs.

I am creating....wonderful memories with the grandkids and kids.

I am hearing...the pitter patter of little feet running around getting ready to leave and Hazel's oxygen machine which is pretty noisy.

I am going....to finish washing and folding a ton of never-ending laundry today before I head for the airport and fly home.

I am quoting...Chloe age 4, "Gramma did you know that "ukulele" means "wheelchair" in Spanish?"

My spiritual thoughts include...faith, hope, charity and gratitude.

Around the (my) house....The bathroom has been demolished and the reconstruction has begun while I have been gone!

Today I miss...the beautiful canyons we visited a few days ago.

I am hoping...I can get two tons of stuff done before Lowell's parents arrive for a few days at our house tomorrow.

I have been procrastinating..finishing my packing and finding out for sure if the new coat I bought to take to Italy will actually fit in my suitcase.

One of my favorite things...shopping in Utah....love it.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Getting my haircut and colored tomorrow...now pretty ugly and two weeks later than I planned to do it, taking the girls' other grandparents to San Francisco on Thursday, going to a surprise party on Saturday for a neighbor, and of course, church on Sunday.

Here are a few pictures I am sharing with you..

This is a fun picture of the canyon approaching Sundance, Robert Redford's resort in Utah and where the Sundance Film Festival is held every year. Jen and I went out there for dinner one evening just as the sun was going down. I love how the sun is shining so brightly on the mountain and how the road is shaded by the huge mountains. We looked for Robert, but he must have had dinner some place else that night! The picture below is one taken right by the lodge, shop and restaurant.




Love the beautiful colors!



Looking up towards where the ski lift is just before sunset.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Bon',
You are just so sweet! Your kind comments just bless my socks off gal! I think you're pretty great, too! So glad God saw fit to hook us up in this big bloggy world!!

You are also one busy lady!! Whew!! Some pace you've got going on there!

Love your photos! The colors and that big rocky mountain are gorgeous!!

And there ya go again with the Italy stuff. Have you figured out yet where you are going to put me?? LOL!!

Have a joy filled day and know that I appreciate you!!
Love ya,
Becky

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
Hope you are home safe and sound by now. Know it must have been hard to leave Jen and the kids,
but I know your hubby will be a happy man to see you and you to see him!!
Gorgeoous pics of Utah, just soooo pretty out there.
Must be so neat to see all those lovely shades of color in the trees
and the mountains.
God is such a creative genius and just never ceases to amaze!
Well, take care sweetie,
guess your home doesn't look the same as when you left it, but hopefully your bathroom want take as long as mine!! lol
Can't believe you have company coming tomorrow, will pray you have lots of energy and strength
and accomplish a lot in a short period of time.
Blessings hon,
Nellie