Monday, May 24, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~May 24, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, May 24, 2010
I decided it is time for a new picture for My Daybook

Outside my window..It is actually sunny but only for awhile. It is 1:00 pm and has been threatening to rain all morning. From my desk I can see white daisies in a large terra cotta pot swaying in the breeze, some stone bunnies and some pretty yellow and purple mums on my front deck sitting on a little table and some other fun garden elements.

I am thinking...my body is trying to fight off a cold. I haven't had one in a long, long time and I want to keep it that way.

I am thankful for...Cold-Eze that really works for me if I take it every two hours for the first day or so if I feel one coming on. It usually knocks the cold out completely. Fingers crossed. And I am also thankful I don't have to be anywhere and if I do get sick I can just hang out at home and get better.

From the learning room...blogging is a requirement for me to keep my happiness level high and I love that I have a computer to do it on and that it and you, my readers, brings me joy.

I am reading...Book 3 in the Zion Covenant Series by Bodie Theone. Munich Signature, still. Last week was very busy and I didn't have much opportunity to read it.

From the kitchen...the cupboards are full enough and Jim's soup is made. I need to go to Trader Joe's for just a few items and we are good for the week. I made a new casserole that I saw online over the weekend, for another family and I have a nearly a whole one left over for us.

I am wondering...how much fun it could possibly be to have my two men, Jim and our son Chris, for three whole days all to myself? Jim wants to go and climb Half Dome in Yosemite after his last day of work and Chris is coming. It just works out that he will be able to stay until my birthday a few days later. I am thrilled for Jim that he can do this fun activity with Chris and so happy for the time to see him. It is my first time to go to Yosemite and I have lived all but 3 years of my life less than half a day away. That is crazy. Like the New Yorkers who have never seen the Statue of Liberty or the Parisians that have never been up on the Eiffel Tower.
God knows how I love Missy for letting him come after he just returned from over 2 weeks in Europe with his students.

I am hearing...Have You Ever Been in Love~Celine. Have I mentioned this week how much I love my discovery of her. Love her music. We are going to see her in Las Vegas next year when her new show opens in March if at all possible.

I am going...to scan a bunch of photos of Jim for his retirement party master of ceremonies who is doing a little program about him. Just had to fly through this first and then I am on it
.
Today if I could change one thing...it would be how fast time flies. Life is short and fleeting. We miss so many opportunities in our busyness. Busy does not = important.

I am quoting..."A lot of people miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison.

My spiritual thoughts include..The realization that when we repent The Lord remembers our sins no more~but if we don't seek after the healing effects of the atonement upon our hearts and minds through prayer, we may not obtain the peace that comes through forgiving ourselves and letting go of it.

Around the house...Those darn dust bunnies are back and I need to wash the windows! My solution...it can wait for another day.

I am missing...Some girls friends I have not see in a long time. And some that I have but just not enough!

I am hoping....I will get my new rug tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest!

One of my guilty pleasures...fun rings.

One of my favorite things...cherries!

I am curious about... how a violinist like Jenny Oaks Baker can remember all the pieces she plays in such magical, spellbinding performances as we enjoyed last night in her concert. If you haven't ever heard her play look her up on youtube. She is the daughter of Dallin H. Oaks for those of you that know him.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Dr Zhivago

A few plans for the rest of the week...Getting the photos done, talking to all the kids, getting a post done for little Zachary who will be six on his birthday on Friday, doing some work for my calling at church. Maybe trying to find some great prices on some large pots for the back yard. Friday night date and getting ready for our three day weekend of planting, trimming, etc. Robert's birthday on Saturday. It looks like a slow week but they never seem to turn out that way, right?

Here are some pictures and a thought I am sharing with you~

I took these photos not long ago to show how I like to do some whimsical things in my home decor. I had this primitive black cat carved out of wood and this cute bird cage. I didn't want to get rid of my primitive cat as it has sentimental value to me but I don't do primitive either. So???

She had been sitting down in my warehouse but I just had to hang on to her, but my space is so limited. I also had the little green bird with the upturned tail. I grouped them together in this way with the cat in the cage and the bird on the outside looking it. It is just a fun way to create a little point of interest in an area with a whimsical tablescape.
The non-observant will walk right by but it does put a smile on the face of some, including me.

This one is for my friend in Scotland who is a big cat fan. Enjoy, my cat (Miss Austen) and the St. Andrews picture, Margaret!

5 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

My, Bonnie, you do make me think!

OUTSIDE-Warm and humid for May! The birds outside are fussing in the thick oak trees! I saw...well I don't think it was an otter, even though we have them here in Florida. It wasn't a weasel (too small.) Believe it or not, I think it was a black MINK! It was about the size of my 20 lb. dog! It rippled across the yard and under the fence!
THINKING-I'm glad I got most of my end of the year cum work done over the week-end.
THANKFUL-for 10 days left of school
LEARNING-you have over 1100 people on your Daybook blog...WOW!
READING-your blog, ha!
KITCHEN-My neighbor, Alice brought me a big plate of macaroni/cheese, turnip greens, and bar-b-que!
WONDERING-how I'm going to get 126 pictures of our kindergardners for our field day refrigerator magnets!
HEARING-Sarah McLachlan's "In the Arms of the Angels."
GOING-to get to my photo sorting this Saturday!
CHANGE-I'd stop the oil spewing at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico!
QUOTING-"Treat others as you would yourself"
SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS-The future joy of worshipping our Loving, Awesome, Almighty, Creator, Savior, God while in His ARMS!
HOUSE-I wonder if those bunnies are any kin to mine!
MISSING-my boxer, Reggie(died 1998)
HOPING-Friday's field day with the kindergartners is a blast! It always has been!
PLEASURE-Pecan coffee ring with spiced tea.
FAVORITE-Total relaxation!
CURIOUS-as a child, how I learned to play my accordian. I wouldn't play it in front of my parents. They only got the joy of hearing my tunes without seeing me. However, what I found out later was, I was playing it upside down and backwards from the way I should have been playing it, lol!
At least the songs weren't, ha!
"MOVIE"-3 hours of live NHRA Drag racing finals! YAH!!!
PLANS-finish my cums for the year; go to the dentist (it was cancelled last week); doing the sound system Friday night at church for an audience of about 900people.

I look forward for next's week's DAYBOOK!
Blessings to you and yours,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
Sure hope you are feeling some better by now. Love your cat in the cage with the lil bird outside.
How adorable, and how cute!
A lovely and colorful picture, looks very pretty.
I am so excited for you that Chris is coming, that is so great and that he will get to stay till your birthday!! Missy is really a sweetie! I am so happy for you.
So now, when exactly is that birthday???
Thanks for coming by today always great to hear from you.
Love ya, Nellie

Bonnie said...

It's July 2nd...Nellie! How can it be here again so soon? Yes we are excited that he is coming!

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your day book as always Bonnie. Lots of food for thought there. Oh, but I do love this new picture of you and Jim in your side bar! You both look so happy!! It brings a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart! What a blessing you are to all who know you! xxoo

margaret said...

Thank you! It's a brilliant idea which I've shown to Miss Darcy and Miss Tilney although I don't know if they are quite as impressed as I am. I'm half hoping to get to St Andrews this weekend as my other plans have been called off due to lack of catsitters.