Monday, May 10, 2010

Can You Believe It?

This is how she looked last year at this time!
And suddenly...5
All big and
a has lost some teeth and
is ready for Kindergarten in the fall!



Happy Birthday Miss Chloe!
You have grown up so much!


We got Chloe exactly five years ago on the day she was born. She is our special gift from Heavenly Father and her birth parents. For those of you that are new to my blog you can read all about that wonderful event here.

On Friday Mommy had Chloe's friends over for her birthday party to have cake and play. Here are some of the photos.

The climbing tree in the backyard.

Playing with Halen

Present Time For The Princess!


Here Chloe is standing next to her cousin
and our grandson, Zach,
blowing out her candles.
Twinkies + candles+ 5- year-olds

+
easy peasy for Mama=Brilliant!

Chloe also had a family party on Saturday night but not one like she had ever had before. This time her birth family was invited. She has seen them a few times and calls her birth brother and sister "her kids." They dressed up and went to Pirate Island for pizza.

Here she is with her bio sibs
(as Mom calls them)
on the left
Michael and Katelyn.
of course you know
Julia, Piper, and Hazie!

That is Katelyn in the pink,
doesn't she look like Chloe?

(P.S. Julia is not smoking, she has a sucker! Whew!)

Arcade games with Daddy

Hazie diggin' the party, pizza
and being a pirate!


We love you with all of our hearts!
Lots of hugs and kisses
Gramma and Grampa
XOXOXOXOXO
and one to grow on XO


Taken today....It looks like a very happy day, Little One!

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

She is so cute..what a little beauty! And what a gift she is too. Such a change in one year..thats amazing! Looks like such a fun day, and I do love the Twinkie cake! That little Hazie is a doll too! You are blessed...come say hi :D

girlsmama said...

I adore Chloe! I've loved having her in preschool the last two years. She never fails to make me laugh out loud! Happy Birthday cute girl!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my goodness.......there is a huge difference in a year, isn't there......adorable then and cuter than a button now...Happy Birthday Chloe.... :-) Her mommy IS brilliant....I'm going with Twinkies from now on.

And, your little Hazel? Oh my gosh that child could light up the world with her smile. She is just soooo stinking cute.......I often pray for her. God puts her in my mind.....I've had lots of trials too.......

xoxoxoxoxo
Spence

LA Adams said...

What a darling girl! Twinkies - yes - I have to try that!!

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! What a sweetie pie. You have such beautiful grandchildren Bonnie!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bonnie,
Thanks for coming by yesterday, and I want to thank you for your gracious unjealous spirit!! Thank you for being happy for those of us who did get to see our children for Mothers Day! That is such a rare thing when we can be happy for someone else when we don't have what they have at the time!! I love love love that about you because I think that is so Christ like!! I am so happy you got to talk with all your children and
that was so neat Chris stayed up just to call you, how precious!!
So sorry to hear Laura was sick with the flu, hope she is much
better by now, and so sweet of Jenn and Lowell to send you the lovely roses.
Glad your din din turned out well!
Bet Gloria really enjoyed all the focused time she had from you two.

Chloe is such an adorable lil girl,I did not know until your other post recently that she was
adopted, you would never know it.
How neat of Jen and Lowell to include her birth family. We know a young couple who adopted about a year ago, and they did that too,
she has a blog and she posts everyday so her family and the birth Mom can read about it, and they recently went to dinner with the birth parents, and they are building a real bond.
The birth parents are not believers, but I have a feeling the Lord is in the process of taking care of that thru these 2
precious young people who have their baby. This lil one could not be any more loved that she is,
they are absolutely thrilled to pcs. with her!! and looks like Chloe has the same wonderful envirionment!! Love the cake idea, how unique and brilliant and
easy!! Good going Jenn!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE, You lil cutie pie!!
Looks like she had the time of her life!!
Well, hope you are having the time of your life today Miss Bonnie.
Love ya, Nellie

Caroline Craven said...

I must be living under a rock. I had no idea Chloe was adopted. Such cute pictures of the entire family. I can't believe how much difference a year makes. The same thing is happening to me, only not in a cute way. More like sags and wrinkles. Tisk, tisk. I didn't see mom on Mother's Day, but she had another chemo treatment yesterday and so I drove up to Idaho Falls to be with her for that. Then I'm going back up on Wednesday when she gets the pump disconnected to zone her and then back up of Friday to West Yellowstone for a girls retreat. Hopefully she will be able to go to that, but usually the week after her treatments she is pretty wiped out. Her last tests showed no growth in the tumors, but no reduction either. So I guess that's good news, although I was hopefully optimistic it would be better news. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers - it is the most critical thing we can do. I appreciate all your support!

Love Ya,
Caroline