Monday, May 11, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~May 11, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, May 11, 2009

Outside my window...the dawn is breaking and the leaves are rustling gently in the breeze. I am noticing how beautiful it looks out through clean windows. I love having a large window near my computer desk where I write each day.

I am thinking...about how much I enjoy doing this Daybook each week as it forces me to stop running and to reflect on my thoughts and plans for the week.

From the learning rooms...I am thinking about how our thoughts shape who we are 100% of the time.

I am thankful for...the knowledge that we can make huge changes in our lives by practicing little changes each day.

From the kitchen...it is beginning to look a lot like a brand new beautiful place to be. We are 90% done with our remodel and loving it. We will get our new refrigerator tomorrow and the cabinet doors are the last of the big things to go. We should have the cabinets ready to put things back into them by the end of this week. PTL!

I am wondering...how our grandson, Spencer, is enjoying his 10th birthday on his way to Germany and Austria for 2 weeks.

I am wearing...jammies for now.

I am reading...The Doctrine and Covenants, some conference talks, and Ciao America....still. I have finally been able to spend a few more minutes on it each day and it is so funny! The Italian born author reflects on his impressions of Americans while living here for one year. Comparing and contrasting the two cultures is very interesting and very insightful and mostly hilarious.

I am hoping...our daughter, Jennifer, had a nice Mother's Day. She sent a photo yesterday entitled Mother's Day Dinner by Chloe. Chloe turned four yesterday and their family tradition is the birthday person gets to choose the menu for dinner. The photo showed a piece of bread with a little squiggle of ketchup and two Cheetos on it. Check it out!


I am Praying for...my friend, Lanette's little grandchildren that will be born sometime within the week. A little boy and a little girl. The twins are her first grandchildren and I am so thrilled for what lies ahead for them all.

I am creating...a plan for better organization of our drawers and cupboards when we put everything back together. I got rid of a lot of stuff in hopes of less crowded spaces.


I am hearing...'I Love You Just The Way You' Are from my playlist and one of my favorite songs of all time.

I am going...to do some paper work for my hubby today to help him catch up on things after spending every free moment on our projects.

My spiritual thoughts include...a tremendous amount of graditude for life's blessings in this season of our lives.

Around the house... I am needing to plant some colorful flowers.

I have been procrastinating.....
cleaning out the frig for it's new owners. We sold it on Craig's List is less than a day~what a fun way to go and no shipping. It was our first Craig's List experience but will not be our last. We tried to find someone to give it to with no success so thought just for fun we would try to sell it. Serendipity! We also sold a car the same day on there...nice.

One of my favorite things...blogging between friends and family. Being back in our home ward at church.

A few plans for the rest of the week...go to the DMV to register the sale of the car, call and order some more of the windows for the house, prepare for a design class I am teaching next week, and going to see Angels and Demons with Jim this coming weekend. We enjoyed the book and have been anticipating this new movie. We view it as a work of fiction only~strictly for entertainment~Tom Hanks style.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

We have lived on this beautiful street for over 30 years. I have never once taken it for granted. What a blessing to have such beauty all around and to soak it in each day as we come and go. Our driveway is to the left just past the tree arch. Living here makes each day a little better!

2 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I would have forgotten to do my Monday post - thanks for being so organized....

Unknown said...

What a beautiful street to call home! Ciao America sounds like a really fun read!
Old Mason Jar