Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~May 18, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, May 18, 2009

Outside my window...It is fairly warm, the sky is slightly mauve colored, I hear birds singing about the promise of another beautiful day.

I am thinking....about people I care about that are struggling and wondering how I can help and support them.

From the learning rooms...Trials come to us all, how we choose to think about them and deal with them is the key to our future happiness, contentment and peace of mind.

I am thankful for...our beautiful daughter-in-law that is turning 32 on the 20th. Melissa is so sweet and the best wife Chris could possibly have chosen. We love her so much!

From the kitchen...the cupboards are bare. I was planning on grocery shopping today but Jim's car had a problem this morning so I will go tonight. Sometimes you just have to punt!

I am wondering...when Dave and Lanette will become grandparents today? So exciting!

I am wearing...a blue and white nightgown.

I am reading...magazines for remodeling ideas for the bathroom.

I am hoping...we start to see some improvement in the economy soon.

I am Praying for...more understanding about why people do the things they do.

I am creating...a presentation for my professional networking group and a design plan for a home staging on Thursday.

I am hearing...The theme song to the Gilmore Girls on my playlist..I think it is called "Where You Lead?"

I am going... to be more diligent in tracking for Weight Watchers this week.

My spiritual thoughts include..pondering and preparations for a talk I will be giving at church in a couple of weeks.

Around the house...I still need to plant my flowers but have been wondering how we will water them with the rationing.

I have been procrastinating.....
answering some e-mails. Doing some marketing for my business and getting more windows ordered.

One of my favorite things...Movies. We saw Angels and Demons this weekend. It was one we had been waiting for for years after reading the book. I love it when our movie tastes meet in the middle. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but it does happen. My love for Tom Hanks' acting abilities and Italy and Jim's love for adventure, action and Italy met on this one. It is entertaining albeit, a little unrealistic. But then as we discussed...if movies were too realistic we might not want to watch them!

A few plans for the rest of the week...working most of the week to make a few bucks. I will be done Thursday afternoon so will need to plan something fun and relaxing then.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

Our most recent photo of our grand baby, Hazel, at her spinabifada clinic with mom and dad last Friday. Her thoracic extension surgery has been postponed until she gets a little bigger. She has not been gaining weight for several months which is concerning, but she is such a happy little girl and the light of our lives. They think her breathing difficulties use up all her growth energy. She can always, always use our prayers.

Hazie has 9 siblings and cousins all together that absolutely adore her and that is so sweet to see. Children can have so much love and compassion at such a young age. And on her daddy's side of the family she has lots more. I am so thankful she has such a loving family to care for her special needs and beautiful little heart. And I am extremely grateful for her totally devoted, amazingly strong parents!

2 comments:

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Oh Bonnie! What a beautiful baby Hazel is! You all do have my thought and prayers. Life, with all it's twists and turns...

Marie Rayner said...

Great day book entry Bonnie. I just love the picture of your little grand baby! what a sweetie pie! Keeping her in my prayers for sure.