Monday, May 25, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~May 25, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, May 25, 2009

Outside my window...The sun is setting and it looks very much like it does when I am usually doing my daybook entry at daybreak. Except I hear children playing outside and crickets and frogs instead of birds singing. Old Glory is swaying in the breeze just outside my office window and it seems very fitting today being Memorial Day. But then, we fly it everyday of the year.

I am thinking....it has been a good and productive weekend and today I was able to return everything to the cupboards and cabinets in the kitchen. Whew! Now the only thing remaining to be done is to paint the cabinet doors and add the new coppery hardware and it will be completely done! Jim has done a fantastic job and I love it and him with all my heart! The best part is his talent and hard work have saved us, literally thousands of dollars and we have exactly what we wanted!!

From the learning rooms...I am gathering information for a talk I will be giving in church next Sunday on following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

I am thankful for...the sacrifices of so many that have been able to ensure the freedoms we now enjoy.

From the kitchen...I have really weeded out a lot of extra stuff and my kitchen is totally clean and organized. We'll see how long I can keep it like this. So far so good! Less is definitely more in the kitchen.

I am wondering...what it will be like to have a place for everything and everything in its place again after so many months?

I am wearing...sandals, jeans and a creamy colored shirt. But the jammies are calling my name.

I am reading...Teachings of the Presidents of the Church.

I am hoping...that I can feel totally prepared for the talk on Sunday by working hard on it everyday between now and then.

I am praying for...Good health for us, our family and friends.

I am creating...a plan to get some flowers planted in the pots outside this week.

I am hearing...parents calling their kids in to get ready for bed and school tomorrow. Dogs barking and cars driving by occasionally.

I am going...to go to the house we decorated tomorrow morning to make sure it looks perfect for the Brokers' Tour and to take my final photos. Then I am free for the day.

My spiritual thoughts include..total gratitude for specific prayers answered today.

Around the house...things are looking a little better each day and feeling a lot more inviting and comfortable. I feel like the house has been torn up since October decorations came out and is finally getting back to normal after all the remodeling. We just have the main bathroom to go but we will do some outside things, that we are hiring out, so Jim can have a rest before tackling that project in a few months.

I have been procrastinating.....
making some phone calls to check on prices for windows, etc. I do not care for phoning much. Wish I could e-mail them all...!

One of my favorite things...my mom's potato salad...I want to make some but I don't dare...big trigger food for me. I think going to a BBQ today made me think of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Make reservations for a weekend get away for our anniversary, plant some flowers, relax, study, and of course blog.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...


I love how reading the scriptures and praying together every morning unifies our marriage and how I enjoy preparing to speak in church as a couple. It is a wonderful opportunity to study and learn together and that is always strengthening. In my opinion sharing a common foundation of faith is essential to a happy marriage.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

You stay away from that Potato Salad!!! You can do it. Eat some Cauliflower instead...lol! I swear, my legs have become so skinny. I look weird!

I loved the tribute you paid to Robert and Laura. I've always wondered....not being a mother so I can't even imagine, but I've always wondered how parents are able to let their children go and start their own lives. I'm having a difficult time accepting my niece Marissa graduating High School next month. She's going out there.....I'm so scared for her but I don't show her that fear. Cyndi and I have been an emotional mess for two months. All this preparation for graduation at times dulls the pain of the reality of her leaving but then my heart starts beating fast and I become Harriet Stephens (Darin Stephens mom from Bewitched) and then I have to take a pill and lie down....lol! I'll just do like Scarlett O'Hara....fiddle dee dee, I'll think about it tomorrow!

Miss Hazie is an absolute doll. How is she doing? Gotta love those curls.

Well, I've rambled long enough. I'd best be heading off to bed. By the time I finish my round of meds and eyedrops, it will be 12:30 a.m.

Take care of yourself my sweet Bon.

Love you,
Deanna :D

Marie Rayner said...

Great daybook entry Bonnie. I bet your kitchen will look fabulous when all is completely done. I am a great believer in being equally yoked. I've done it both ways and being married to someone on the same page, faithwise, is the far better way and a much happier place to be!

Elena said...

I enjoy sunsets as it makes me think of people living far away who are welcoming the sun while I'm saying goodbye to it..... and of course the colours are magnificent at times.
Next time you're typing up a Daybook post and you see the sun setting outside your window, just think that as you're saying goodnight to it, I'll be saying good morning :) ..... or the other way around.

Gordon said...

Bonnie, I read your comments to Loida on her blog and followed your link to your blog. I was surprised to find that you are LDS. There are three members of Friday Shoot-outs that are LDS. (Gigi, Strawberry Girl, and me, Gordon) It would be great to have you join usm even if you can't post for every week's assignment.
I will follow your blogs now.
Walk With Faith
Gordon

Gordon said...

As you prepare for Sunday's talk, consider this. Everything on the earth is under the direct influence of the Light of Christ, including the Holy Ghost. The more L of C that we have determines how prepared we are to recognize and receive the HG. The Light of Christ is an emanation of the light of Heavenly Father, through Christ.
I recently was asked to speak at a stake single adult fireside. As I prepared, D&C 88 opened up as never before about the Light of Christ. Read it and cross-refernce the footnotes.
You and your husband must be a real asset to your ward. May God bless you in your preparation.