Sunday, February 8, 2009

Heart Warmer #8 Sundays

Painting by Liz Lemon Swindel

I guess you could just say I love the weekends but actually both days of it are unique. I love Sundays because we get to go to church and that is always wonderful. I love belonging to a church that has doctrines that make sense and that I can understand and that are very pertinent to everyday good Christian living. It warms my heart to know that you can never know enough about righteous living and that there is always something more to be learned in the Gospel.

I love our church for the opportunities we have to serve in leadership positions or as teachers and that is a community of people who genuinely care about each other and that are there for you no matter what or when you need help. I love the lifelong friendships that we have formed there and also watching the families as the children have grown into adults and become real assets to this world we live in.

Most of all I love it because it is a place where good people can become better through their relationship with Jesus Christ. I love that our church our family and friends all strive to be better everyday through living His teachings and being kind and loving to others and by being grateful for their blessings.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Very well said and I agree!!!

Laura said...

Every time my kids break out singing, "I am a child of God" and "Called to Serve", I thank the Primary for all the wonderful things they teach my children. The gospel of Jesus Christ is such an incredible blessing to have in our lives.