Friday, June 6, 2008

Work Work Work!!

Interiors by Design~Behind the Scenes


On a good day this is what our Gallery of Goodies looks like. We have an identical unit right next door that we call the Warehouse. It houses all our bigger furniture, floor lamps, large trees and florals and large art pieces and bedding ensembles, as well as a lot of other accessories and cool stuff.

This is not a good day at the Gallery and Warehouse. I have been procrastinating putting the decorative items from three destaged houses away because both storage units are full to the rafters and I need to get in there and organize, organize, organize.

I should know better because as this week, out of the blue came an appointment that resulted in my spending one whole day decorating a house. And, also out of the blue the sleeping real estate giant has awakened. I have been to consults which are resulting in three stagings between now and July 1. So moral of the story is...Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. You never know what tomorrow will bring!


There is a lot of behind the scenes hard work that makes a home staging business run smoothly. Today I am doing paper work all day and getting ready for two consultations!



I love owning our own business but it is not all fun and games. Lots of work is required but like with anything worthwhile~it is worth the blood sweat and tears when a project is completed, a house is sold and everyone is happy. I am telling you all this because I just didn't want you to think I don't do anything but blog all the time. LOL!

4 comments:

Julie said...

My fiance and I just bought a little house in Orem. In the next bit I need to paint, get the carpet put in, and decorate. I don't have a creative bone in my body. You are blessed with a wonderful talent.

Bonnie said...

Julie when you get to working on your house send me some pictures and I will try to help you. I recently helped someone in Canada that way and they loved it. Let me know I'd love to put in my 2 cents worth if it will help you. Congrats on your impending marriage and instant family. I am very happy for you!

Julie said...

Thank you I will send you pics when the time comes!!

mandy* said...

Your storage looks so organized!! You should see our storage unit...YIKES!