Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is Your Life Passing Before You All Too Quickly?

Poof and it is gone!

If your life is passing you by at an inordinately fast pace...perhaps you can blame RETAIL! As if time does not pass quickly enough on its own, they really push the envelope. Around July 4th I was looking for some new tops and while I was trying on a shirt I needed a smaller size. (Yippee!) I needed a sales clerk to simply hand me another one so I didn't have to get dressed, gather up all the stuff in my dressing, etc. just to go grab another one. Anyway, I could not get a sales person to save my life because they were all tagging winter coats! Also this month I saw my first Christmas Ornaments up at a local Beverly's Gifts and Crafts store. What the heck?


I don't know about you but Christmas is the last thing on my mind right now as far as purchasing ornaments goes! I think we would not feel so rushed all the time if Retail would slow things down just a little. Maybe their reasoning is that if we buy something early enough we will lose it before we actually need it and then buy double? When it is 105 degrees out I am not interested in fall sweaters, are you? We had some windy days and nights that ripped a couple of our patio umbrellas...I am just betting I cannot find one for sale anywhere now because summer is over according to the retail industry.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for being prepared~just like a good boy scout, but I think Retail goes way way way overboard in this department. When you have to hunt for a wading pool in August and can't find a coat in February...something is amiss.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Amen to that! I remember trying to find pool/beach toys in early August and couldn't find anything! Sorry, but tinsel and pumpkins don't work in the pool.

Jennifer said...

Too true- I was at a Hallmark store today and asked the clerk for a suggestion for a birthday gift for my girlfriend....she suggested a Christmas ornament!! WHAT??? Her birthday is Friday - not in six months.

BECKY said...

Hi Bon'! I sure do know what you mean!! Summer is passing quickly and Hobby Lobby in Panama City was putting out their fall stuff over a month ago! Crazy I tell ya!!

YAY for you needing a smaller size, too!! You go girl!!
Thanks for the welcome back and most of all for your friendship! You're a blessing!!
Have a wonderful week!
Love and hugs,
Becky

Marie Rayner said...

It's so frustrating isn't it Bonnie? I don't want Christmas in July, I want sunny summer fun!