Friday, March 5, 2010

Gramma Has A Secret!

Chloe Jane
Art Work by her Mommy!

Tomorrow I am jumping on a jet plane and going to Utah for a few weeks. I am very excited to see the little ones and their parents of course too! Hazie is trying to get over the last of her pneumonia and a new medication seems to be helping immensely. Thank heavens. But I feel like Jen needs a break and some helping hands~they hasn't had a decent night's sleep in a long, long time. As for me I could use some time with them too. 4 kids and 8 grandkids in one place~it's hard to resist.

I wish Jim could go with me but.... dagnabit...work! Working sure does get in the way of living sometimes. And the day I finished my big project he got nailed for one of his own. Yes, we do have "Won't Say No" tattooed to our foreheads. So for the next couple of weeks he is going to be immersed in preparing for an all day Boy Scout training course for the region. I'm not sure how many stakes are being trained but quite a few. Lucky guy, he hasn't done scouts for 8 years!! So it is the perfect time for me to go! Bye-bye! I'm outta here!

So I was talking to Jen yesterday when I heard Chloe run through the house with a couple of her friends. Jen hadn't told her I was coming yet so I asked if I could tell her. Jen said sure and called Chloe back telling her "Gramma has a secret to tell you."

So she is out of breath from playing and I can tell she is distracted. So I tell her I have a secret...I am coming to visit on Saturday morning. There's dead silence for about 4 seconds and then she says, " Oh my gosh, Gramma, you better tell Mom right away!" She said this in a very admonishing tone! It was funny!

The next thing I hear is the phone clattering to the floor and off she goes in a flash. I just thought it was so cute, she didn't want me to get in trouble by surprising Mom with something like that! Sounds like she might be experienced in this 'surprising mom' department, don't you think? I cannot wait to sweep her up in my arms and give her a big squishy hug! She is such a spunky little treasure!

So here I come babies...don't suppose you could order up some spring weather, do ya? Wind, rain sleet or snow I'll be there, but I would love some sun with my snow-capped Rocky Mountains, please!

4 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Cute picture of Chloe. If you stay long enough you will probably get just what you ordered, rain, sleet, snow and sunshine! We have been enjoying spring weather all week, but this morning woke up to snow on the ground and it is still coming down, although it is somewhat of a weak effort. We have a mixed bag of sun and snow in the forecast for next week.

Shelli Snyder said...

DARLING picture of Chloe, and I'm so happy you get to go hang out with your beloveds. Also, I laughed and laughed and laughed about your "Not Me Monday" post you told me about. No wonder we're friends, Bon. :)

Sara said...

Have a fun and enjoyable time with everyone in Utah!!!

LA Adams said...

You know daughters really do know their moms. What a great kid! I hope you have a really great time in Utah and get lots of hugs from your babies.