Monday, March 22, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~March 22, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 22, 2010

Outside my window...it is so dark, it feels like the middle of the night. I am hoping for a beautiful spring day. It seems this winter has been ongoing for six months. I am ready for some flowers and butterflies and lots of sunshine. No more gray skies would be nice.

I am thinking...Getting back into the routine is slow going this time. But I am plodding along. A day to relax and unwind would be nice but it is not to be until maybe Thursday.

I am thankful for...the passing of a friend from Church yesterday. I know that sounds weird but she was a lady that was paralyzed from the neck down and had lived like that for decades. She was always praying to be taken home. This past week she got sick and died peacefully. What a blessing. She wanted us all to do a little dance when the day came. I can just see her now, released from her broken body and free to move and dance and be mobile and to wipe away her own tears of joy!

From the learning room...hope springs eternal.

I am reading...Vienna Prelude...almost done finally!

From the kitchen...I have no idea. I haven't done any kind of an assessment of what is there and/or needed since I got home at midnight on Saturday night. I had a 3 hour delay due to bad weather in the Chicago area. I spent yesterday at church and unpacking, etc.

I am wondering..who Julia and Chloe are sleeping with without Gramma these days.

I am wearing...I feel like running in and getting dressed just so I could say something besides PJ's!

I am hearing..Blue Moon.

I am going...have two meetings this morning before noon.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be the migration of Nevada to another space on the map so Utah would be a lot closer.

I am quoting..."I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." Anne Frank


My spiritual thoughts include...happiness at knowing we don't each have to reinvent the wheel of discovering how to live a happy life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is tried and true. We just have to be humble and teachable and willing to make the effort. Without those attributes the road will always be more difficult and we are choosing it. Why?

Around the house...everything was very welcoming when I arrived home. Jim always makes an effort to make it so and I appreciate it so much.

I am missing...Elmo and His Daddy! This is Hazie's favorite video and I have now memorized it. Very cute, actually!

I am hoping...Hazie can have her thoracic extension surgery soon and can hopefully get rid of the constant oxygen that she is attached to day and night. Can you imagine a 2-year-old attached to a 100 foot piece of plastic tubing. Not fun!

I have been procrastinating...paper work, my least favorite thing.

One of my guilty pleasures...hot chocolate before the sun comes up.

One of my favorite things...thinking about the mission we will serve when Jim retires.

A few plans for the rest of the week.
..meetings, fun with friends, grocery shopping, Visiting Teaching tomorrow night. Bringing something for Kathy's funeral next weekend. Arranging to get our front porch repaired in a place where the mortar between the bricks has separated.

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you


This is part of Jim's commute drive to work each day. It is a beautiful country road and looks so breathtaking this time of the year. What a blessing not to have to face gridlock and cement and asphalt on the way to work each day. He cannot help but arrive in a good mood and ready to face the day.

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi again bon,
So sorry to hear about poor Ross.
Bless his heart! How is everything going now that he got it casted and all??? Did they have to do any
surgery???
Wow, your Jim does have a lovely drive to work. My Jim has to travel I-4, but only 3 days instead of 5 so that makes it much better!!
Praise the Lord for your friend who has been set free from her paralized body. My mother-in-law was paralized on the right side and could not talk, so it was hard for us to be very sad when the Lord took her home!! Especially since we knew she did not want to live like that!
So I know exactly what you mean.

It is so wonderful to know God's word and plans for our life because I think it takes a lot or
pressure out of life, and it certainly gives us a place to turn
no matter how good or bad things are. God is an ever present help in times of trouble, and it is so amazing how just spending some time with Him can completely change your whole attitude and demeanor. What a blessing!
You have a great day now.
Know you are probably looking forward to Thursday so you can chill a little.
Don't blame you.....hard to hit the ground running sometimes.
Blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh and the real reason I came over and then got caught up in catching up on all your blogs, was to tell you thanks for your Happy Birthday wishes, I so appreciate that, it isn't actually till next Monday, but we are celebrating next Sunday with the family. I get sidetracked so easy anymore, it is pathetic!! lol
Have a good one hon,
Love, Nellie

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful dayboy as always Bonnie. My goodness but what a happy thought to think about little Hazie and Elmo together. How wonderful and that drive Jim has to take to work, how very beautiful!!! Lucky Jim!! We will shortly be exchanging country comforts for city streets, but I will be able to create a little bit of country inside my own garden. I shall try in any case! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

I do miss spring in CA. It is always so green and lush, much unlike spring in Utah where everything is dead from the winter. However, I did notice the tulips, daffodils and crocus are up in my gardens, not blooming, but up. So happy to hear about Kathy. I didn't know her as well as you did, but Kent knew her well and she must be feeling so free, happy and peaceful now. What a blessing the plan of salvation is. Just read Alma 40 with the fam last night and thought of my mom, especially verses 11 and 12. Kathy can appreciate those words now.