Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beautiful Bedrooms

The colors are so warm and soothing.

This is the bedroom of one of my new clients. I love it. This client is just moving in and I am going to help her just work on refining her accessories and furniture placement and help her purchase some new things as needed. Her home is just gorgeous already. She inherited some amazing furnishings and art work that are easily museum quality. She has moved here from a 10,000 square foot home in the mid-west. Her new house is quite a bit smaller and so the challenge is making the over-sized furnishings work.

~Check out the scale of the large display cabinet on the wall~
It is immense and takes up the entire wall. The whole front is beveled and really commands your attention as the focal point in this room.

What I love about this project is having all the fabulous things to work with. Actually there is not a lot that I can do to improve this home. But there are some details...which are always very important in creating just the right feeling in the various areas of the home.

I have always loved beautiful bedrooms and this one is one of my favorites. This lady is into her linens and bedding in a big way, this bedding is all custom made (some of it by the homeowner herself) and this bed does not photograph as beautifully as it should. The bedding is so thick and luxurious and just is the most inviting, lovely bed. The style is very formal and although it is way too fancy for most homes...for her it couldn't be better. Here I will concentrate on the other furniture accessorizing and switch out the lamps. One thing that a formal setting needs is symmetry and this requires taller identical lamps to look its very best. The symmetry adds to the formality with its duplicates and the height is needed because the bed is raised up so high. Fortunately, I saw the perfect lamps in the entry way on their way to the storage unit. These projects are so enjoyable. I wish you could all come with me and enjoy a look into how people surround themselves with things they love and live their lives. It is an amazing privilege really.

4 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

Wow, that is one fab bedroom! I remember her house was pretty awesome. Have fun!

Laura said...

What a beautiful bed and what a fun project to work on. An heiress----maybe in my next life------

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Laura, I know...funny, huh? An heiress...who knew? Jen use to babysit for her years ago when her children were little. Have her tell you about it sometime. I do remember that when she would go on field trips with the kiddos...a limo would pick them up. Now you know why Jen has such beautiful, big eyes! This experience stretched them.